Senior Full Stack Engineer
Wizest is building a new kind of investment trading platform that has been featured in Forbes and which is supported by industry-leading investors and fintech partners. You would be directly contributing to an app that empowers anyone to build their own team of financial experts to invest on their behalf. We use UIs like leaderboards and expert profiles, such as you might see in popular fantasy football or dating apps, to make investing more approachable!
We want you to hit the ground running as a Senior Full Stack Engineer, with the potential to develop or debug a new feature from the frontend UI to the supporting microservice on the backend.
We recognize that experienced engineers can adapt to different tools and programming languages. Below are some of the technologies that we presently use to build Wizest. Direct familiarity with any could be valuable, and relatable experience (such as using a similar framework or database) will also be considered.
- React.js (Web)
- React Native (Mobile)
- REST APIs
In lieu of direct experience, we will simply be eager to hear your strategies for mastering new tools, something all engineers must do to grow!
- 4-8+ years of software engineering experience (if you’re in the lower end of this range, less experience can be offset by demonstrating strong competence)
- 2+ years of mobile development experience
- 2+ years experience working on API integrations preferred
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Bachelor’s required
- PhD and Master's are welcomed and sometimes preferred (we like people that are hungry to learn)
Strong preference for candidates that attend developer conferences, have an active GitHub, contribute to open source projects, contribute to developer newsletters or blogs, etc. Additional preference for candidates that may have had experience in fintech or financial services.
Job type: Full-time