Data Specialist Cleveland, OH · Remote · Full time
The Data Specialist is responsible for the design, development, testing, support and maintenance of application integrations supporting both client and internal processes and platforms. The person will work closely with our customers and our teams focused on customer success, implementation project, product, and app development to understand and provide feedback on complex functional requirements, identify gaps and technical limitations, propose solutions and workarounds and formalize solutions in technical design documents. Mastery in this role opens the door to roles as a customer-facing solutions engineer, a technically focused data engineer, or a broader role on the product team.
The Data Specialist role at TPA Stream will:
- Work with the integration team to provide integration solutions for assigned business areas
- Understand industry concepts and industry products to perform proper system integration and setup
- Understand classification systems and languages in order to translate between systems
- Document the workflow required to meet deliverables and maintain integration requirements documentation.
- Translate business requirements and use cases to develop and deliver functional/technical specifications, requirements documents, detailed use cases for new product features or functionality.
- Develop new integrations and enhance existing integrations
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and accurately document interoperability problems and their probable causes.
- Identify root/cause, test, and implement solutions.
- Work with our Customers to implement our solutions that include
- Leading technical Integration calls with Customers/Vendors on Data transfer concepts
- Leading technical Training calls with Customers on Product features
- Assisting in the cleansing, analysis, and migration of data
- Work with our Customers to support our solutions that include
- Establishing relationships to support the life-cycle of the integration
- Properly troubleshoot Support cases to provide resolution
Relevant Skills & Experience:
- 2-5 Years of Integration/Technical Support/Training experience
- Microsoft Excel, Spreadsheets, XML, CSV and other standard file formats
- Python/SQL Programming
- Interoperability experience required. Ability to read standard and vendor specs and perform gap analysis between inbound and outbound systems
- Experience with data modeling, information management, and data flows
- Enjoys figuring out how systems work
- Gets excited about solving in-depth data challenges
- Great Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Knowledge of the employee benefits administration industry