Accounting & Finance
Cleveland, OH, USA
Posted on Thursday, June 9, 2022
Location: Cleveland, OH
- Assist in the development of a strategic plan to advance the company’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth as an organization.
- Assist in the planning, development, and implementation of strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the company.
- Approve company operational procedures, policies, and standards.
- Evaluate compliance with established policies and objectives of the company and contributions in attaining objectives.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of assets.
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close.
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure including project accounting.
- Prepare financial reports and analyses as necessary to communicate financial condition of the Company to Executive Management.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee the activities of accounts payable/purchasing and accounts receivable/collections.
- Ensure efficient order to cash processing and controlled disbursement processing.
- Implement credit practices and policies that balance risk while supporting sales.
- Responsible for inventory accounting and related business processes.
- Responsible for fixed asset tracking and record keeping.
- Responsible for day-to-day cash management and treasury functions.
- Responsible for the preparation of budgets and projections.
- Manages the preparation of key performance indicator reporting.
- Manages key banking and accounting relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in general accounting functions with supervisory responsibilities.
- CPA and/or graduate degree (e.g., MBA) required.
- A solid demonstrated understanding of accounting concepts and standards.
- Ability to organize, self-prioritize, and be a self-starter in a fast-paced environment with demanding internal and external deadlines.
- Detail-oriented with high competency for identifying trends, detecting errors, and analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High skill level with General Ledger applications and Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with inventory and cost accounting.
- Experience with government grants and loans preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to present findings in a clear, concise manner.
Why Join Our Team?
- Voted Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace
- Competitive salary with company-paid medical, dental, and vision benefits
- High growth company with game-changing technology
- Flexible work/life balance
Please complete the following to apply:
See more open positions at SPR Therapeutics
Something looks off?