Numatic Venture Studio
Numatic's Portfolio Company is a seed funded, technology startup with the mission to simplify home management for property owners and tenants. The startup’s proprietary technology enables owners and residents to perform a variety of tasks to ensure a clean, safe, and well-maintained home. Through the platform, users will have the ability to: find and hire contractors and service professionals, manage communications and payments with vendors, receive alerts of important service dates and milestones, and maintain a catalog of all major appliances and possessions in the home.
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
This is a unique situation in which an innovative startup has funding and an enterprise-level product, and is looking for a proven leader to take the reins to launch and grow the business. The startup is seeking a true hands-on, entrepreneurial CEO to manage the day-to-day operations of the company, initially focusing on go-to-market strategy and execution, with an eye towards user growth and revenue generation via a subscription model. This position will partner with and report to the Board of Directors and hands-on investors with deep domain expertise.
The CEO will, aside from providing overall operational and strategic leadership, be responsible for the following:
- Create and implement a long term vision for the company.
- Recruit, manage, and mentor a lean organization from the ground up.
- Manage investor relations, including fundraising efforts and leading any potential negotiations for an exit.
- Oversee the go-to-market plan to launch the product(s), acquire and retain users, and generate revenue.
- Own the P&L and overall financial health of the company, working to find the most efficient pathways to becoming self-sustaining and cash flow positive.
- Drive strategic partnerships with businesses in adjacent industries (e.g. real estate agents, contractors, mortgage lenders, home insurance and warranties, etc.) that directly lead to value creation for the startup.
- Responsible for legal oversight and ensuring compliance across all aspects of the business (e.g. privacy, terms and conditions of use, etc.).
- Experience in the startup space, particularly in launching and scaling a technology-based company from zero sales to $1M annual gross revenue.
- Proven ability to launch a product, acquire customers/users, and generate recurring revenue.
- Prior C Suite or senior executive level experience required.
- Experience in building and leading a high performing organization.
- Exceptional ability to communicate, both written and verbal, with a focus on presentation skills.
- Experience operating in a distributed, Agile-based environment.
- Intimate knowledge and practical experience in the home services industry is a major plus.
- Competitive compensation package, including base salary, equity, and performance bonuses.
- The ability to build your own team, and create your own culture.
- An enterprise-level technology platform that has already been built and paid for.
- The ability to WFA (Work From Anywhere) with the caveat that all major stakeholders work on Eastern Time.
- Paid holidays and flexible working hours.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience related to management required; MBA or other relevant postgraduate education preferred.
- Technical certifications related to home services is a major plus