Northeast Ohio Medical University
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
To continue our efforts to keep the campus community as healthy and safe as possible, NEOMED will now require COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations as a condition of attendance and employment. This policy will allow for exemption of the vaccination requirement for those individuals with valid medical reasons, sincerely held religious beliefs and matters of conscience.
|Position Title||Physician Assistant|
|Full or Part Time||Part Time|
Position Summary Information
The Physician Assistant occupies a key role in the operations of NEOMED Clinical Services (NCS). He or she will provide professional medical services to students, employees, and the community. The clinic provides high quality healthcare in an interprofessional environment that may include medical, pharmacy students, physician assistant students and other graduate and undergraduate students.
The physician assistant will provide primary care, chronic disease management, regular routine care including history, physical exams, labs, prescriptions for medications, opioid use disorder treatments, and other health care services provided by the clinic.
· History, examination, and treatment of common medical conditions affecting patients and typically managed on an outpatient basis.
· History, examination, and treatment of common medical conditions affecting patients aged 0-19 years of age, whereby the conditions are typically managed without subspecialty consultant collaboration and on an outpatient basis. History, examination, and treatment of up to moderately complex medical conditions affecting patients ages 0-19 years of age, whereby the conditions are typically managed with subspecialty consultant collaboration and on an outpatient basis.
· History, examination, and treatment of common to moderately complex medical conditions affecting patients ages 18 years and older, whereby the conditions are typically managed without subspecialty consultant collaboration on an outpatient basis. History, examination, and treatment of moderately complex medical conditions affecting patients ages 18 years and older, whereby the conditions are typically managed with specialty or subspecialty consultant collaboration.
· History, examination, and treatment of common gynecological conditions affecting females whereby the conditions can be managed on an outpatient basis without the direct involvement of a Gynecology physician. History, examination, and treatment of common gynecological conditions affecting females, typically managed on an outpatient basis with specialty or subspecialty consultant collaboration.
Behavioral and Mental Health Services
· History, examination, and treatment of mood disorders affecting patients whereby the conditions are typically managed without specialty consultant collaboration on an outpatient basis. History, examination, and treatment of moderately complex medical conditions, whereby the conditions are typically managed with specialty or subspecialty consultant collaboration.
Opioid Use Disorder Services
· History, examination, and treatment of opioid use disorder inclusive of medication for opioid use disorder (MOUD). Collaboration with referrals for counseling, support, and care management. History, examination, and treatment of complex medical conditions affecting patients, whereby the conditions are typically managed with specialty or subspecialty consultant collaboration.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pay Grade: 13
Starting Salary Range: $43,704 – $52,444 working 20 hours per week on average, commensurate with experience
Location: Rootstown, OH
Benefits Offerings Include:
- Training Offerings, including LSS Green & Yellow Belt and other professional development
- State Retirement with 14% matching
- Excellent Vacation and Sick Time
- Wellness Offerings
For additional details visit: https://www.neomed.edu/hr/benefits/
|Principal Functional Responsibilities||
1) Provides full primary care to new and existing patients including initial assessment, acute and chronic care, management of common to moderately complex medical problems, coordination of care, collaboration with other specialists and referrals for treatment when necessary. Performs physical examinations of new and existing patients and determines imaging and clinical laboratory tests required. Interprets examination findings and test results and implements treatment plans. Prepares and reviews case histories and obtains data through interviews. Maintains complete and accurate medical records in a timely fashion. 95%
2) Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
|Key Skills, Personal Characteristics, and Key Competencies||
Must be able to utilize a phone, computer and screen and other office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; hear, stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Posting Detail Information
|NEOMED EEO Statement||
NEOMED is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, status as a parent during pregnancy and immediately after the birth of a child, status as a parent of a young child, status as a foster parent, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, NEOMED also affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in its employment policies and practices. In compliance with Title IX (20 U.S.C Sec. 1681 et seq.), NEOMED prohibits sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
For concerns regarding discrimination, please contact:
Associate Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Title IX Coordinator
Northeast Ohio Medical University, G-212B
4209 St. Rt. 44, PO Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272
NEOMED requests that you provide the voluntary information requested below. It will be kept separate from your application, in a confidential and limited access file, to be used for statistical compilation and analysis for Human Resources record keeping and reporting purposes. Your response will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for employment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
|Notification of Annual Security Report.||
The Northeast Ohio Medical University is committed to assisting all members of the NEOMED community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security report is available on the NEOMED website at https://www.neomed.edu/police/clery-act/annual-report/.
The annual security report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, authority of university police and security officers, crime reporting policies, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus.
Additionally, the report contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by NEOMED; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like a paper copy of this report, please email email@example.com or call the Department of Public Safety at 330.325.5911 to request a copy.
This information is required by law and is provided by the Northeast Ohio Medical University Department of Public Safety.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Do you hold a valid Physician Assistant license to practice in the state of Ohio?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Reference Letter
- Other Document