Director Student Support and Enrichment
Northeast Ohio Medical University
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
To continue our efforts to keep the campus community as healthy and safe as possible, NEOMED will now require COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations as a condition of attendance and employment. This policy will allow for exemption of the vaccination requirement for those individuals with valid medical reasons, sincerely held religious beliefs and matters of conscience.
|Position Title||Director Student Support and Enrichment|
|Full or Part Time||Full Time|
Position Summary Information
The Director of Student Support and Enrichment will coordinate and implement efforts to support at-risk students and special populations. The Director will serve as a conductor, coordinating, and leveraging the resources of key school constituencies and programs to assist with retention efforts to ensure that the College of Medicine (COM) achieves its expectations.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pay Grade: 10
Starting Salary Range: $58,598 – $69,341
Location: Rootstown, OH
Benefits Offerings Include:
- Hybrid Workplace
- Training Offerings, including LSS Green & Yellow Belt and other professional development
- Competitive Health, Vision, Dental
- Flexible Spending Account
- State Retirement with 14% matching
- Excellent Vacation and Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holiday Days
- Wellness Offerings
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Care Coverage Offerings
- Life Insurance
For additional details visit: https://www.neomed.edu/hr/benefits/
|Principal Functional Responsibilities|| |
Student Engagement and Support
Creation of Bridge Programming
Collaboration, Leadership, and Management
Liaison with Admissions
Perform Other Duties as Assigned
Education/Degrees: Master’s Degree required.
Experience: Three to five years experience in career services and/or student leadership activities in higher education. Preferably to have advising experience in higher education and specifically in medical school academics and/or professional development.
|Key Skills, Personal Characteristics, and Key Competencies|| |
Key Skills, Knowledge, and Personal Characteristics:
• Successful background of collaboration within non-profit higher education preferred as demonstrated through references and career experiences.
• Strong computer skills required. Experience with admission software packages and student databases required.
• Experience planning, organizing, and prioritizing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously with frequent interruption.
• Ability to manage multiple and competing deadlines and to work both independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality required by FERPA.
• Ability to work autonomously, exercising independent judgment and decision making as appropriate.
• Ability to work evenings and weekends, including overnight travel as required. Ability to travel and valid driver’s license required.
• Leadership: NEOMED creates positive change by educating and training Ohio’s next generation of health professionals, educators and researchers through experiential learning, high-impact research, strategic partnerships and innovation. By designing an environment where ideas and connections can flourish, NEOMED is transforming health care.
• Exceptional Experience: By creating a welcoming, supportive and well-resourced environment, NEOMED sets the stage for meaningful interactions among its students, faculty, staff, alumni, partners and community members. The University empowers every individual to participate fully in the campus experience and the community that NEOMED serves.
• Diversity, Equity and Inclusion: NEOMED recognizes, appreciates and celebrates all of the ways-from backgrounds to viewpoints-that people are different. The University’s culture is grounded in respect and thrives on the uniqueness of each individual. NEOMED encourages everyone’s participation by fostering policies and practices that ensure fair and just access, treatment and opportunities for all.
• People: Talent is NEOMED’s most valuable asset. The University invests in developing its faculty and staff to realize their fullest potential. As it works to attract and retain a diverse workforce and student body, NEOMED embraces opportunity and growth across all levels of the institution.
|Physical Requirements|| |
Must be able to utilize a phone, computer and screen and other office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear and occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Posting Detail Information
|NEOMED EEO Statement|| |
NEOMED is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, status as a parent during pregnancy and immediately after the birth of a child, status as a parent of a young child, status as a foster parent, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, NEOMED also affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in its employment policies and practices. In compliance with Title IX (20 U.S.C Sec. 1681 et seq.), NEOMED prohibits sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
For concerns regarding discrimination, please contact:
Associate Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Title IX Coordinator
Northeast Ohio Medical University, G-212B
4209 St. Rt. 44, PO Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272
NEOMED requests that you provide the voluntary information requested below. It will be kept separate from your application, in a confidential and limited access file, to be used for statistical compilation and analysis for Human Resources record keeping and reporting purposes. Your response will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for employment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
|Notification of Annual Security Report.|| |
The Northeast Ohio Medical University is committed to assisting all members of the NEOMED community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security report is available on the NEOMED website at https://www.neomed.edu/police/clery-act/annual-report/.
The annual security report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, authority of university police and security officers, crime reporting policies, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus.
Additionally, the report contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by NEOMED; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like a paper copy of this report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Department of Public Safety at 330.325.5911 to request a copy.
This information is required by law and is provided by the Northeast Ohio Medical University Department of Public Safety.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application