Curriculum Coordinator I
Northeast Ohio Medical University
Posted on Saturday, July 15, 2023
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
To continue our efforts to keep the campus community as healthy and safe as possible, NEOMED will now require COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations as a condition of attendance and employment. This policy will allow for exemption of the vaccination requirement for those individuals with valid medical reasons, sincerely held religious beliefs and matters of conscience.
|Position Title||Curriculum Coordinator I|
|Full or Part Time||Full Time|
Position Summary Information
The curriculum coordinator position provides a high level of curriculum related administrative support and reports to the Curriculum Manager in the Office of Medical Education in matters related to policy and procedure and works closely with course director(s) in matters related to the coordination of curricular activities in specified areas of responsibility.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pay Grade: 7
Starting Salary Range: $41,156 – $43,050
Location: Rootstown, OH
Benefits Offerings Include:
- Hybrid Workplace
- Training Offerings, including LSS Green & Yellow Belt and other professional development
- Competitive Health, Vision, Dental
- Flexible Spending Account
- State Retirement with 14% matching
- Excellent Vacation and Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holiday Days
- Wellness Offerings
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Care Coverage Offerings
- Life Insurance
For additional details visit: https://www.neomed.edu/hr/benefits/
|Principal Functional Responsibilities|| |
1) Course Preparation: Assist in course planning including but not limited to, coordinating course meetings, assist in course scheduling and syllabi development, scheduling/reserving facility and technology resources, and developing/managing timelines for course implementation. Assist with the preparation and delivery of assessments, including maintenance of item banks, in collaboration with University Assessment and Clinical Skills services.
2) Service and Communication Excellence: Serve as principal administrative contact and customer service liaison with students and faculty, to provide excellent service and communication and to interact professionally to create a favorable impression of NEOMED.
3) Course Delivery: Coordinate and maintain curricular content in LMS or designated software with maintaining secure and confidential student information and records. Assist with session implementation coordinating and utilizing education technology for content delivery, and dissemination of information. Assist with the coordination of all logistics and administrative tasks for identified session presenters.
4) Record Keeping: Track student attendance, student assignment completion, grade submissions, course expenditures, and assist with processing honoraria.
5) Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent in education and experience.
|Key Skills, Personal Characteristics, and Key Competencies|| |
|Preferred Qualifications|| |
Two to four years experience in higher education or a related field. Knowledge of exam software and learning management system.
|Physical Requirements|| |
Must be able to utilize a phone, computer and screen, and other office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear and occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Posting Detail Information
|NEOMED EEO Statement|| |
NEOMED is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, status as a parent during pregnancy and immediately after the birth of a child, status as a parent of a young child, status as a foster parent, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, NEOMED also affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in its employment policies and practices. In compliance with Title IX (20 U.S.C Sec. 1681 et seq.), NEOMED prohibits sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
For concerns regarding discrimination, please contact:
Associate Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Title IX Coordinator
Northeast Ohio Medical University, G-212B
209 St. Rt. 44, PO Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272
NEOMED requests that you provide the voluntary information requested below. It will be kept separate from your application, in a confidential and limited access file, to be used for statistical compilation and analysis for Human Resources record keeping and reporting purposes. Your response will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for employment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
|Notification of Annual Security Report.|| |
The Northeast Ohio Medical University is committed to assisting all members of the NEOMED community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security report is available on the NEOMED website at https://www.neomed.edu/police/clery-act/annual-report/.
The annual security report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, authority of university police and security officers, crime reporting policies, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus.
Additionally, the report contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by NEOMED; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like a paper copy of this report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Department of Public Safety at 330.325.5911 to request a copy.
This information is required by law and is provided by the Northeast Ohio Medical University Department of Public Safety.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application