Associate Director, Government & External Affairs
Northeast Ohio Medical University
Posted on Thursday, May 4, 2023
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply for this Job link/button.
If you would like to bookmark this position for later review, click on the Bookmark link. If you would like to print a copy of this position for your records, click on the Print Preview link.
Please see Special Instructions for more details.
To continue our efforts to keep the campus community as healthy and safe as possible, NEOMED will now require COVID-19 and influenza vaccinations as a condition of attendance and employment. This policy will allow for exemption of the vaccination requirement for those individuals with valid medical reasons, sincerely held religious beliefs and matters of conscience.
|Position Title||Associate Director, Government & External Affairs|
|Full or Part Time||Full Time|
Position Summary Information
Meet regularly with local, regional and state level governmental officials (commissioners, mayors, city and county council members, and township trustees) as well as membership/clinical partner organizations members individually, or at respective events. Serve as the primary contact for Northeast Ohio organizations such as local/regional government, non-profit organizations and businesses both throughout the region and on NEOMED’s campus. Analyze, clarify and educate external constituencies regarding NEOMED’s strategic issues, major goals and key programmatic interests with all stakeholders. Articulate and execute plans and strategies on behalf of NEOMED, facilitating alignment of University interests with the goals and interests of local/regional stakeholders.
Work independently, exercise sound judgement and maintain flexibility and responsiveness to ever changing economic and political landscape. Must be prepared to lead, recommend, and advise NEOMED on the local and regional levels and when required, state level issues in relation to NEOMED’s strategic interests. Support the efforts and serve on behalf of the Vice President of Government and External Affairs as needed and as an active, involved member of the President’s administrative team, collaborating closely with all personnel in the Office of the President to ensure that staffing needs are met as they arise.
Northeast Ohio Medical University is an AA/EEO Employer. The university has a strong commitment to the principles of diversity and inclusion and to maintaining working and learning environments that are free from all forms of discrimination. Women, individuals with disabilities, veterans and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Pay Grade: 12
Starting Salary Range: $76,006 – $80,000, commensurate with experience
Location: Rootstown, OH
Benefits Offerings Include:
- Training Offerings, including LSS Green & Yellow Belt and other professional development
- Competitive Health, Vision, Dental
- Flexible Spending Account
- State Retirement with 14% matching
- Excellent Vacation and Sick Time
- 11 Paid Holiday Days
- Wellness Offerings
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Long Term Care Coverage Offerings
- Life Insurance
For additional details visit: https://www.neomed.edu/hr/benefits/
|Principal Functional Responsibilities|| |
1) Responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships on behalf of NEOMED with local and regional government contacts which include but are not limited to the following counties: Cuyahoga, Portage, Stark, Summit, and Mahoning as well as the other 14 counties throughout NEOMED’s Northeast Ohio catchment area. Contacts and working relationships also include local township trustees (Rootstown, Ravenna Township, etc.) county commissioners, liaisons within the mayor’s offices of Akron, Cleveland, Ravenna, Canton and Youngstown as well as city council members.
2) Attend meetings and key events related to local and regional government contacts, such as trustee meetings, county commissioner meetings and other related meetings. Participate in meetings on the state level as needed and fill in for Vice President and Director when necessary. Represent and communicate on behalf of NEOMED’s interests and strategic priorities at local government meetings and local stakeholder events.
3) Represent NEOMED at local and regional chamber events, and other organizations of which NEOMED is a member.
4) Serve as an institutional contact for other Northeast Ohio organizations which may include local/regional government, non-profit, or business organizations on NEOMED campus.
5) Direct and lead special projects with the above organizations that further enhance partnerships in the region between/among NEOMED and these organizations.
6) Assist state and federal government affairs with advocacy efforts as needed.
7) Direct and lead events coordination and participation of key leaders and staff members.
8) Perform other duties as assigned.
|Key Skills, Personal Characteristics, and Key Competencies|| |
|Physical Requirements|| |
Must be able to utilize a phone, computer and screen and other office equipment. While performing the duties of the job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear and occasionally stand, walk, reach, stoop, or kneel. Must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds.
Posting Detail Information
|NEOMED EEO Statement|| |
NEOMED is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, status as a parent during pregnancy and immediately after the birth of a child, status as a parent of a young child, status as a foster parent, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable state or federal law. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, NEOMED also affirms its commitment to nondiscrimination in its employment policies and practices. In compliance with Title IX (20 U.S.C Sec. 1681 et seq.), NEOMED prohibits sex discrimination, including sexual harassment.
For concerns regarding discrimination, please contact:
Associate Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion & Title IX Coordinator
Northeast Ohio Medical University, G-212B
4209 St. Rt. 44, PO Box 95, Rootstown, OH 44272
NEOMED requests that you provide the voluntary information requested below. It will be kept separate from your application, in a confidential and limited access file, to be used for statistical compilation and analysis for Human Resources record keeping and reporting purposes. Your response will not be used in any way to determine your eligibility for employment. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
|Notification of Annual Security Report.|| |
The Northeast Ohio Medical University is committed to assisting all members of the NEOMED community in providing for their own safety and security. The annual security report is available on the NEOMED website at https://www.neomed.edu/police/clery-act/annual-report/.
The annual security report contains information regarding campus security and personal safety including topics such as: crime prevention, authority of university police and security officers, crime reporting policies, and other matters of importance related to security and safety on campus.
Additionally, the report contains information about crime statistics for the three previous calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus; in certain off-campus buildings or property owned or controlled by NEOMED; and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus.
If you would like a paper copy of this report, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Department of Public Safety at 330.325.5911 to request a copy.
This information is required by law and is provided by the Northeast Ohio Medical University Department of Public Safety.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
See more open positions at Northeast Ohio Medical University
Something looks off?