About JumpStart Inc.
JumpStart is a non-profit venture development organization that unlocks the full potential of diverse and ambitious entrepreneurs to economically transform entire communities. We provide a combination of funding and high-impact assistance for entrepreneurs and small business owners while also managing the Northern Ohio ESP Network, a collaborative group of entrepreneurial support organizations located throughout Northern Ohio.
JumpStart has also built a national reputation as a champion for greater diversity, winning numerous awards, including the 2017 Ohio Martin Luther King Jr. Economic Opportunity Award, for our strong commitment to economic inclusion. We strive to find new ways to connect with entrepreneurs and small business owners in traditionally underserved communities, and we also believe in creating and maintaining a diverse internal team to maximize our own performance as an organization. We are actively seeking candidates who will bring racial, ethnic and/or gender diversity to each team, and our organization overall.
Key to JumpStart’s success is its ability to leverage the skills, experience and creativity of its inspired team to transform entrepreneurial aspirations into actions with measurable impact. JumpStart associates take great pride in making JumpStart a highly demanding yet incredibly fun place to work.
We are looking for a Part-time Office Coordinator. The Office Coordinator is a supportive resource to our Toledo team. The ideal candidate for the role is a flexible problem-solver who has superb communication skills and works well with a group. This person should have experience thriving in an administrative role and have the ability to find creative ways to help accomplish team goals. The Office Coordinator will need to be organized, energetic, and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with outreach
- Assist with onboarding
- Coordinate with the marketing and data team
- Assist with program management and administrative needs
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
- Physical Demands: The work is mostly sedentary; it generally involves considerable desk time with attendant walking, bending and carrying light items. There are no special physical demands. Changes in work priorities and deadlines can occur based on organizational needs.
- Work Environment: Work takes place in a typical office setting which has adequate space, light and furnishings.
- Other: Assist with other tasks and reports as required.
Education, Training and/or Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management and multitasking abilities
- Proficiency with office applications, and aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Previous Customer Service experience
JumpStart’s Core Values and Key Cultural Behaviors
- Act with a strong sense of urgency and focus where there is the greatest return on effort
- Have enormous energy and the ability to energize others
- Strive for continuous improvement while being mindful that perfection can be the enemy of good
- Pursue promising opportunities and be prepared to succeed or fail fast
- Be open to good ideas from anywhere
- Embrace change as an opportunity, not a threat
- Be intentional, open and inviting to engage ambitious entrepreneurs and stakeholders with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives
- Be knowledgeable about issues of race, gender and economic equality
- Seek opportunities to introduce inclusive approaches in our thinking and actions
- Seek out and respect our customers’ voices and needs to achieve our long-term mission
- Wow them with solutions to their problems
- Deliver on commitments each time
- Treat people fairly and with respect
- Be open and honest with each other in a constructive way
- Instill confidence that everyone will deliver on their commitments
- Hold each other accountable for our actions
- Listen to and consider the wisdom of the people at the table
- Involve others to multiply our effectiveness and generate best outcomes
This position description is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties or skills required for the job and is subject to review and change at any time, with or without notice, in accordance with the needs of JumpStart. Since no position description can detail all the duties and responsibilities that may be required from time to time in the performance of a job, duties and responsibilities that may be inherent in a job, reasonably required for its performance, or required due to the changing nature of the job shall also be considered part of the jobholder’s responsibility. Visit www.jumpstartinc.org on the Talent page to learn more or apply.