Greater Cleveland Food Bank
Choose a career where you can better someone else’s life, while bettering your own. The Greater Cleveland Food Bank is the largest hunger relief organization in Northeast Ohio having provided over 50 million meals in 2021 to hungry people in Cuyahoga, Ashtabula, Geauga, Lake, Ashland and Richland counties. The organization’s mission is to ensure that everyone in these communities has the nutritious food they need every day.
Apply for a position at Greater Cleveland Food Bank where we offer a culture of learning and development, competitive pay and amazing benefits including Low Cost Medical, Dental, Vision, Short-Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Generous Retirement Plan, and Holiday Pay all starting on first day of hire and paid time off which starts after 90 days.
Prepares, quality meals and meal components in an accurate, efficient and safe manner. Ensures work areas are maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary condition. Performance of the following duties are accomplished personally.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for cleanliness and organization of assigned work station and completion of sanitation SOPs for assigned areas. Participate in general kitchen sanitation as required.
- Responsible for compliance with safe food handling practices and HACCP documentation, as needed, throughout the production cycle.
- Responsible for following a standard formulation (recipe) during production to ensure meals prepared meet quality, portion standards, and are accurate to labels.
- Responsible for following daily production sheet and completing all meal components assigned to that station to ensure orders are filled accurately. This includes weighing, packing, and labeling meal components for customer orders.
- Report loss/damaged or product that appears unsafe. Reports maintenance or equipment issues to kitchen management.
Responsibilities at individual assigned stations include:
- Checking materials to ensure the quantities and items are correct prior to starting production.
- Effectively utilize materials throughout the production process to minimize loss/waste.
- Inspecting ingredient items during the entire cooking process to ensure quality and food safety. Ensuring allergens are checked and procedures followed to prevent cross contamination.
- Operating kitchen equipment (ovens, kettles, tilt skillet, can openers) as required and in a safe effective manner.
- Documenting any/all required steps in the production process for HACCP where applicable.
- During production/cooking, evaluating food items to ensure proper appearance/smell. Tasting food components where applicable to ensure quality.
- Decanting product to remove excess packaging materials. Labeling and storing decanted food products in appropriate areas and labeling them as required.
- Accurately packaging food items into pan/tray/containers to meet specific labeling requirements for portions. Apply all applicable ingredient and lot labels to finished products, and/or labeling to product that will be held for future production.
- Move all finished meal components to proper storage area, or order cart as required.
- Participate in order cart expediting process.
- Assist other stations as required to complete production assignments.
- Performs other duties and special projects related to side work as assigned.
HS Diploma or GED preferred. Minimum, one (1) to two (2) years cooking in a high-volume food service setting. ServSafe Certified preferred, but not required.
Physical Requirements and Environment:
The physical requirements for this position include: Ability to remain in a stationary position on seldom occasions. Ability to move about inside the office and to access truck cab and deliver product constantly. Ability to operate a computer or other office productivity machinery constantly. Ability to ascend/descend stairs to access work spaces on seldom occasions. Ability to position or move body to access filing cabinets or other work equipment frequently. Ability to constantly be able to exchange accurate information, take and give direction and hear safety warnings. Ability to constantly inspect product, judge distance between equipment, shelves and permanent structures. Ability to constantly detect spoiled product or quality of meals. Ability to move office equipment/supplies constantly. Ability to lift 25-50 lbs on a regular basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Range: $17.61/hr - $20/hr based on experience
Proud to be a North Coast 99 Employer for 2017-2021
To apply for this position, click on this link