Greater Cleveland Food Bank
The primary responsibility of this position is to maintain high standards of warehouse sanitation to meet regulatory requirements within our food distribution center. This will be done through operating warehouse equipment such as a floor scrubbing machine, scissor lift, forklift and electric pallet jacks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. This list is not all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
- Provide janitorial / housekeeping maintenance to include cleaning of floors, walls, guardrails and other surfaces in the warehouse and office areas.
- Ability to obtain and maintain equipment license (electric pallet jacks, forklifts, lift trucks, scissor lifts and other equipment).
- Ability to operate power equipment such as baler, compactor, power washer, sweeper and floor scrubber.
- Physically walking the warehouse on a frequent basis to remove wood, debris and plastic from aisles.
- Pulling product out of pick slots using an electric pallet jack to clean with a scrubber and returning product as assigned.
- Performs minor maintenance tasks.
- Assists with grounds maintenances tasks
- Assess daily, that dangerous conditions are removed prior to an accident or injury occurring (i.e., water spill clean-up, etc.)
- Assist with moving furniture and / or equipment for meeting room or event set up.
- Follows and maintains high standards of warehouse sanitation and safety at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
HS Diploma/GED preferred. Two to three years of warehouse/material handling experience preferred. Experience on Reach Truck / Forklift operation required; Customer Service experience (highly preferred). Previous shipping/receiving experience preferred. Tow motor certification required. Serve-safe certified preferred, but not required. Minor maintenance skills.
Physical requirements and Environment
The physical requirements for this position include: Occasional ability to remain in a stationary position. Ability to move about inside the warehouse and outside. Ability to operate a computer. Ability to ascend/descend stairs to access work spaces frequently. Ability to position or move body to access filing cabinets or other work equipment constantly. Ability to constantly be able to exchange accurate information, take and give direction and hear safety warnings. Ability to constantly inspect product, judge distance between equipment, shelves and permanent structures. Ability to frequently detect spoiled product or quality of meals.. Ability to lift 50+ lbs. on a regular basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Salary Range: $17.61 - $!8.00/hr
Something looks off?