Software Quality Engineer
Software Engineering, Quality Assurance
Cleveland, OH, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
The Software Quality Engineer is an Exempt/Full-Time role specializing in software quality assurance, as it relates to Centerline’s medical imaging and surgical guidance technology. This individual works among the technical engineering and quality teams who are part of a highly-skilled multidisciplinary team dedicated to achieving the successful commercial launch of a medical device and development of next-generation technologies. The Software Quality Engineer supports Centerline’s Quality Assurance in all manners related to software.
● Engages in tasks such as, but not limited to: software test protocol design and implementation, execution of verification protocols, change management.
● Reviews quality specifications and technical documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback.
● Contributes to the implementation process including driving the definition of improvements based on business need.
● Is part of a team responsible for overall design and execution of software testing procedures.
● Participates in root cause analysis for complex processes and functionality.
● Creates detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
● Prioritizes, plans and coordinates quality testing activities.
● Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience Required
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent industry experience
• Experience developing test plans and verification protocols in a regulated environment
• Experience using automated software testing tools desirable
• Commitment to learn new skills and tools as they become relevant
• Experience with one or more of: human factors engineering; IEC 62304-compliant software lifecycle management; testing GUIs for interactive applications; medical images, DICOM, and PACS interfacing; ISO 14971 risk management; clinical/surgical environment especially with minimally-invasive surgery
• Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team while maintaining independence from technical development
• Proven ability to understand complex software and its requirements
• Strong analytical skills and willingness to develop understanding of relevant concepts in medicine and mechanical, electrical, and materials engineering
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Flexibility and ability to self-start on new tasks, problem-solving with minimal supervision and to work in a diverse work environment dealing with multiple tasks with deadlines
• Ability to rapidly learn new tools and software, especially company products and testing tools
Centerline Biomedical is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions, and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Centerline Biomedical will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Centerline Biomedical does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.