Principal Software Engineer
Cleveland, OH, USA
Posted on Saturday, February 4, 2023
The Principal Software Engineer is an Exempt/Full-Time position that contributes to Centerline’s product development and testing in all manners related to software in: implementing effective and efficient software solutions to engineering problems; devising innovative and novel approaches to address clinical and engineering needs; documenting, updating, and maintaining code; software testing and validation; and participating in planning of future product development, including requirements definition and risk analysis.
The Principal Software Engineer is skilled in mathematics and the science of computing, especially as they relate to Centerline’s technology which is heavy on image processing, computer graphics, and numerical methods. This person is able to quickly develop a working understanding of new concepts in these and other technical fields. Using these talents, the Software Engineer will join the Centerline team ready to learn how Centerline’s technology works and prepared to expand upon it by translating innovative concepts into functioning software.
● Develops, documents, and tests software to ensure that the software meets the needs of end-users and achieves business goals.
● Leads or participates in software design reviews, testing, configuration control, problem reporting & resolution, and change control, supporting unusually complex software technical items.
● Audits, monitors, evaluates, and reports on the software activities.
● Applies, develops, and maintains quality and system protocols for software and materials into deliverable products.
● Interfaces with software engineering, software configuration management, software process. organizations, and systems engineering, taking a lead role to complete tasks and to ensure quality standards are in place.
● Makes sure that the software meets quality standards and supports the application lifecycle (concept to end).
● Collaborates with cross-functional teams and stays current with new technology trends.
● Additional duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Education, and Experience Required
Education and Experience
● Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science - or related technical field
● 10+ years of significant software develop experience
● Experience with FDA 510(k) product/testing requirements
● Experience leading a team
● Involvement with medical device regulatory standards such as IEC 60601, IEC 62304, and ISO 13485 including experience with system risk/hazard analysis
● Proficiency with functional analysis and cascading down from user level to subsystem/ component level of customer requirements
● Experience working in Quality or Regulatory capacities in the medical device industry
● Medical device development experience is highly desirable
● Experience in debugging code bases with multiple source languages
● Excellent IT/computer skills and a willingness to learn new tools as they become relevant
● Flexibility and ability to self-start on new challenges, problem-solving with minimal supervision
● Ability to work efficiently on multiple tasks with deadlines
● Ability to work in a diverse team with members of varying education and experience levels
● Leadership capability and ability to work well within outsourced product development organization structure
Centerline Biomedical is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions, and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Centerline Biomedical will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Centerline Biomedical does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
See more open positions at Centerline Biomedical
Something looks off?