VP of Network and Partner Development
Built with leading healthcare systems, Axuall is a workforce intelligence company built on top of a national real-time practitioner data network. It enables healthcare systems, staffing firms, telehealth, and health plans to dramatically reduce onboarding and enrollment time while also providing unique, powerful data insights for network planning, analytics, and reporting. Its network streamlines the secure sharing of digitally verified credentials between clinicians, authorized verifiers, and organizations that require this information quickly and continuously to meet patient demand, ensure clinical coverage, and maximize revenue capture.
In 2023, Axuall closed its series B round of financing, bringing its total capital raised to more than $41 million. Axuall's investors and the organizations they represent comprise over two dozen of the nation's leading healthcare organizations that recognize the imperative to improve clinical workforce efficiency amidst significant economic and staffing challenges. Axuall intends to scale its team rapidly in 2023/2024 as it expands its customer base and develops new products that leverage its national network.
About the Role
The Vice President of Network and Partner Development will work to build and maintain relationships with Axuall’s strategic partners on both sides of Axuall’s data network. Upstream, you will be working closely with the leadership team and the product team to identify and engage key data partners into the Axuall network. This will mean identifying key actors in the provider data ecosystem that are aligned to Axuall’s needs, engaging partners in a data sharing relationship and maintaining that relationship as the solution scales. This may mean forging creative business arrangements such as joint ventures or strategic partnerships. Downstream, you will be working to forge business relationships with our go to market partners, and other solutions that Axuall works with. This will mean thinking outside the box to establish unique business partnerships, exploring rev share agreements or other engagements that will benefit both parties.
The candidate will have experience forging business partnerships that are based on strategic alignment across companies, handling vendor negotiations, establishing business agreements, and maintaining ongoing communication with partners. The ideal candidate will be highly detail-oriented; a self-starter, diligently organized, has excellent communication skills, a passion for excellence, and values education, integrity, innovation, and success. We are building something special in a space that is change-resistant; the ideal candidate will be able to inspire data partners to work with us, turning no into yes and finding creative paths forward.
What You'll Do
This role will report to the Chief Product Officer. We are looking for people who feel comfortable taking on bold initiatives, who are both highly accountable and self-empowered. Some of the specific functions and responsibilities of this role include:
- Engage the market, understand our customers’ data needs and the provider data ecosystem
- Identify and build relationships with potential data partners
- Develop new business partnerships by aligning interests across other partners and third-party vendors
- Explore possible joint ventures, revenue share agreements to create strategic partnerships
- Collaborate closely with the product team to understand the solution needed and to implement any technical parts of the agreement
- Work with current credential issuers and collaborate with Axuall’s legal counsel to extend and enhance data contracts
- Maintain relationships with current partners, facilitate communications with other parts of the organization and look to grow our relationships.
What You Bring
Candidates must demonstrate extensive hands-on experience and knowledge of industry best practices in the functions listed above. Specific requirements include:
- 8+ years of experience in a business development capacity, in the healthcare space
- Proven track record in building relationships with potential partners and establishing value driving relationships
- Experience in negotiating vendor agreements, understanding business implications and working through legal contracts
- Business acumen and strategic thinker, especially in forging partnership agreements
- Excellent written and communication skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at various levels to different stakeholders
- Comfortable with technology and engaging technical teams to create product alignment
- Self-starter, fast learner, enthusiastic and sincere
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, or related field, MBA a plus
What You'll Get From Us
We offer a wide range of benefits for our team including comprehensive health insurance, unlimited PTO/vacation days, remote work flexibility, 401(k) with employer match, fitness stipend, travel-to-work stipend, continuous education support, and paid family leave.
Axuall is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.