Full Stack Developer
1848 Ventures is a thriving Venture Studio focused on consistently launching and scaling a portfolio of B2B SaaS businesses with solutions powered by AI. We’re inspired by meeting small and medium sized business owners where they are and partnering to deliver solutions that help them navigate uncertainty and gain competitive advantage.
Developed in 2018 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Westfield, it’s through their financial backing that we’re enabled to learn and move with velocity without additional effort around raising capital. We take the best of validated approaches, methodologies, and talent while continuously learning and iterating to create successful ventures in a repeatable way.
Our ecosystem is supported by shared resources across all ventures and our venture studio model relentlessly focuses on decision making – grounded in desirability, feasibility, and viability – ensuring we’re looking at businesses and opportunities holistically. We share an appetite for driving results together through a balance of experimentation, mitigation, and employee well-being.
Read on to discover how your skillset and experiences may help contribute to our approach.
1848 Ventures is seeking a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our team and play a pivotal role in developing innovative digital products that help small and medium-sized businesses grow. In this role, you will have a direct impact on the achievement of our goal to ideate, test, refine, and launch new ventures that generate more customers served, create new sources of financial and strategic value, drive deeper insight about risk, and enhance the Westfield value proposition. As part of an agile, diverse, multi-disciplinary team, you will work closely with the Lead Technologist to design, build, and deploy scalable software solutions that meet the needs of our customers and contribute to the success of our ventures.
The Day to Day:
- Collaborate with the Lead Technologist and other team members to design and develop software solutions that support the delivery of new ventures from ideation to launch, pivot, or shut down with velocity.
- Participate in the entire software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, deployment, and maintenance.
- Design, develop, and maintain scalable, high-performance applications using a variety of technologies, including but not limited to AWS, Python, Node.js, and React.
- Ensure software is built to be data-driven and integrated with various data solutions.
- Contribute to the development and refinement of software engineering best practices and processes.
- Work collaboratively with designers, data scientists, and business stakeholders to ensure software solutions meet customer needs and business objectives.
- Stay current with emerging trends and technologies in software engineering.
Participate in/Contribute to:
- Fostering collaborative and mutually beneficial external partnerships that help accelerate 1848 Ventures’ progress toward its goals.
- Thought leadership across the entire 1848 Venture portfolio to build on the ideas of others, improve outcomes, and ensure strategic alignment.
- Developing and iterating frameworks and capability building across 1848 Ventures.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Something looks off?